VISA - Ireland visa

Can I leave and then re-enter Ireland during my studies?

The initial visa issued to you will be valid for a single entry to the State.

If you have a valid reason for leaving the State for a short period of time you must apply, in advance of making any arrangements, for a Re-entry visa.

You must be able to prove you will be continuing with your studies on your return to the State.

Before a re-entry visa can be issued, you must be registered with the Garda National Immigration Bureau.

For information on how and where you can apply for a Re-entry visa please see Re-entry Visas.

It is your responsibility to ensure you have the correct visa (where relevant) for the country you intend travelling to.

NOTE: A visa must be obtained from the UK authorities prior to travelling to Northern Ireland (Northern Ireland consists of Counties Antrim, Armagh, Derry, Down, Fermanagh and Tyrone).

Last updated: 
15 June 2017
If you question is not answered here, please contact student advisor.