English programs for Juniors in San Diego
Sunny weather all year round
San Diego has a little something for everyone. Boasting a glorious coastal setting with fun-loving locals, you can go for a swim at the beach, soak up the sun in one of the many green parks or go shopping in the many retail strips.
You can toast marshmallows over a bonfire on La Jolla Shores, take a boat out to sea to watch whales and dolphins, or visit the famous San Diego Zoo. Students can also go for a hike along the trails of Mission Trails Regional Park or, if you’re more into sports, watch a baseball game at nearby Petco Park.
Our English school is well-located in the heart of the historic Gaslamp District, right in the middle of San Diego. Set in a stylish and contemporary building, the school boasts a large reception area, outdoor patio and bright student lounge. The building features 20 modern classrooms with interactive whiteboards.
- Enjoy this friendly and sunny coastal town
- Learn English with 20 lessons per week, led by friendly teachers
- Daily activities including beach visits, kayaking and museum trips
- Enjoy full day trips to amazing places like LA, Disneyland, Universal Studios, and Sea World
- Study time: 20 English lessons per week (15 hours)
- Accommodation: Homestay
- Meals: Half-board (14 meals per week)
- Activities: One full weekend excursion (not applicable to groups) and a minimum of three activities per week
- Welcome pack
- Language certificate
- 24-hour emergency helpline
- Placement test
- Bus pass
- Student card
- English portfolio to take home
- Airport transfers: Transfers from San Diego Airport from USD $130 one-way and $50 for shared transfers
- Travel to and from Homestay:
Students over 14 years old will travel independently from their homestay accommodation with the support of school staff, who monitor all students arrive as expected, and are available to contact on a 24 hour emergency phone. Students under 14 years old are supervised by either their group leader or a Kaplan staff member.
13 July - 22 August 2020
Activities available or offered
- Room type: Twin beds with shared bathrooms
- Age range: 14 -17 years old
- Meals provided: Half-board (14 meals per week)
Accreditation & memberships
All of our Kaplan International Languages schools in the US have ACCET accreditation (Accrediting Council for Continuing Education and Training).
Our schools in California are approved to operate as an accredited institution by the California Bureau for Private Post-secondary Education (bppe.ca.gov). Take a look at our California State Disclosures list for the documents filed with the state and/or required to be made available to students prior to enrollment.
This school is authorized under Federal law to enroll nonimmigrant alien students. All courses offered by Kaplan International are avocational and recreational, and are not intended to lead to vocation, occupation or career opportunities. Kaplan International does not confer credits, certification, diploma or degree for any courses, and no credits are transferrable to institutions of higher education.