Yes, if you are an international student wishing to study a full-time course in Singapore, you are required to apply for a Student’s Pass.
Visa - Singapore visa
You may need to apply for a visa when studying at Kaplan International English. We can provide you with all the relevant information, and help guide you through the visa requirements and application processes to study in Singapore.
We aim to answer any questions you might have, so please explore our answers below. If you cannot find the answer to your question, you can get more information by contacting a student advisor.
In brief: To study in Singapore, you will need to apply for a Student Pass. If your course is less than 30 days in length, you can apply for a short term Visit Pass.
Singapore visa information
A student’s pass is issued by the Singaporean government, and it allows you to study and stay in Singapore for the duration of your course. The passes are only issued to students who will be studying at an EduTrusted Private Education Organization that is registered with the Council for Private Education (CPE). Of course, Kaplan International English is one of these registered schools.
No, student’s passes are only offered to full-time study applicants.
You can apply for a pass online on the ICA website. Once your application has been approved, you will be issued an e-pass so you can fly to Singapore as a prospective student.
You will need the following documents:
- Duly completed application form
- Certified/notarized copy of highest academic qualification and highest academic transcripts
- Passport and photocopy of your passport
- Certified/notarized copy of your birth certificate
- Bank statement from either a fixed deposit account or a savings account, proving you have enough funds for your time in Singapore
- Latest CV (if applicable for a Master’s degree application)
- One passport-sized photograph (with a plain, white background)
The application process generally takes approximately two to four weeks, and you will complete your application once you are in Singapore.
When you arrive, you will be assisted with the completion of your application during your registration and orientation period with Kaplan.
If you wish to continue with the same course at the same school, you may renew your student’s pass.
As of 16/07/2014, there is a $30 processing fee, a $60 issuance fee, and a further $30 multiple-entry visa fee for required nationals, if applicable. You may also be required to pay a security deposit; if this is the case, it will be indicated in a letter to you.
Visa information by country
Visa - Top 10
Contact us to receive:
- A free brochure
- Details on the latest promotions
- Advice for studying abroad
Call us today
- USA & Canada: 1-888-744-3046